Junior /Graduate Electrical or Control Systems Engineer
This position is available with immediate effect
Salary & Terms
£25,000 – £30,000 pa based on 35 hours per week, payable 1 month in arrears by bank transfer on the 26th day of each month
This position will be subject to a 3 month probationary period and a generous benefits package details of which will be available at the interview stage
To support and commission control/power management systems. This is not a purely office-based role, the role will be very hands on and will involve training and development on the job.
– Become familiar with Company Control and Electrical System designs for the Wind Turbine, Solar PV and other power management systems. Take on a maintenance and Operating role for two of these systems
– Familiar with Control system software coding. Experience with PLC and Microprocessor coding will be an asset.
– Troubleshoot Electrical and Control System issues on site by using measurement devices and other hand tools as needed to diagnose the problem (multi meters, oscilloscopes, soldering, etc)
– Familiar with general health and safety precautions that apply to electrical systems (low to medium voltage applications)
– Evaluate applications and components of control systems, including design, development, testing and testing with an eye on areas where improvements can be made. Articulate these improvements clearly to Senior Electrical and Control Engineers
– Assist in the generation and maintenance of documentation: functional specifications, electrical drawings, manuals, project technical files, training and health & safety documentation.
– Able to take instructions over emails/phone calls to implement Electrical and Control changes given by Senior Electrical/Control Engineers
– Attending internal and external multidisciplinary design reviews
– Data reduction and analysis.
Preferred but not Essential:
– Interest/experience with assisting Mechanical Engineers and/or technicians on site to build/maintain mechanical systems
– Experience with Wind or Solar PV systems
– Experience with Mat lab Simulink
– Experience with Siemens PLC Systems
– Awareness for Mechanical Engineering to assist with Mechanical system reviews
– Attend equipment testing (FAT, Commissioning, Integration testing etc) as requested by Engineering manager
– Perform QA/QC on projects designed by other Engineers.
– Assist in implementation of Crossflows quality management systems/processes
Health and Safety
– Review/Audit Company’s sites/offices to provide HSSE assurance on policy/regulation compliance
– Review/implement leading and lagging indicators on site and implement any agreed improvements
– Raise permits for site work execution as required (on the job training will be provided)
– Perform risk assessments of own work and document as per Company’s HSSE policy
– Sustain and promote the aims, ethics and aspirations of the Company,
– Respect the confidentiality of all information obtained during duties, and refrain from disclosing such information, except where disclosure is required by order of a Court of law.
– Maintain professional competence by complying always with the training and competence procedures set down by the Organisation. Generally, keep abreast of developments affecting your duties and responsibilities.
– Undertake any other duties as directed that can reasonably be accommodated within the scope and salary range for the job and your expertise.
The duties and responsibilities highlighted in this job description are indicative and may vary over time reflecting changes to internal and external factors. Post holders are expected to undertake other duties and responsibilities as required by the Chief Executive that are relevant to the nature, level and extent of the post.
You will be able to demonstrate the following key knowledge, skills, behaviours and experience:
University degree with background in Control, Automation Systems, Electrical or other closely related engineering field
· Proficiency in using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and CAD at minimum.
· Control System designs and implementation (including software programming of these systems)
· Electrical System designs and implementation (example house wiring, circuit building, etc)
· Using hand tools for typical work in cabinets (multimeters, solder irons, cutters, etc)
· Installing instrument and power cables as per an approved document/drawing, including outer sheath peeling, termination, etc.
· Familiarity with general electrical international standards and codes
· Knowledge of mechanical systems.
· Any placements within an engineering company would be advantageous.
· An interest and experience with renewable energy systems.
· Professional membership.
· PLC knowledge.
· Natural interest in renewable hybrid energy systems.
· Knowledge of Mat lab and Simulink (Willing to be developed)
Skills and Competencies:
· Desire to use initiative at every opportunity.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Ability to work in a team.
· Willingness to change focus and priorities with to align with the needs of the business.
· A highly professional approach and manner.
· Hands on, flexible and able to multi task.
· A full driving license and willingness to travel is essential for this role.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the Company and its overall business objectives. The Company reserves the right to reasonably adjust your role and duties to fulfil its business requirements.
Please email your CV and covering letter to:-